Tuesday, February 15, 2005

with this ring

With this ring

I am bound

to bring myself

to sorrow

with this word

I am found

to be the one

without tommorrow

with this thought

I can't find

another way

to let you go

with this dream

my heart breaks

just one more

I told you so

With this day

I hope to find

a reason here

to ease my mind

With goodbye

I hope you see

the love I have

for you and me

With this ring

my life is given

to you alone

my heart is driven

to endless nights

and days and days

of prayers for you

to find the ways

to be yourself

to be as one

it should be simple

even fun

my only wish

from here is this

that you will see

you are my bliss

With this hope

I will give up

and be myself

and take my cup

of wisdom I am

surely without

but here I am

without a doubt

always yours

you love so well

never let me

forget to tell

its just so sad

because I know

this stupid ring

has got to go

Not from my

finger

not from my head

but from my idea

of love instead

to just surrender

to just believe

that what

we have

is love

indeed.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Theresa,

This is beautiful. I love your writing and this poem means alot to me and my life right now. Beauftiful!

Sarah