Sunday, February 27, 2005

If they only knew





If they only knew

would they love you still

If I told the truth

could I lift my head again

You have so far to fall

yet not so far at all

all the thoughts we share

couldnt even begin to redeem us

Would it matter if you were real

and whole, complete like my dream

I am so far from done here

yet my soul is weary and wavering

inside of me,

Do we deserve eachother

is this clear enough for you

reading books all day long

down on hands and knees

filling my eyes with flowers

and white, blue, and red.

Your side here is empty again

but was it ever full at all

or just an illusion of faith

one more day, step in time

in and out breathing

this is the way..

I cannot be a refuge

there is no warmth in my

cold cold heart, just listen

to the echos

moving fingers playing rhymes

take the leap, never again

this is my mountain

my ashram to sit upon

the stars will guide

the sun will shine

and I will survive

No comments: