Tuesday, February 15, 2005

whats the word?

What can I say to make it better

What can be done to help you live

How can it quiet the thunder inside me

Or find a reason for all of our sins

what are we doing

why are we here

how can it be like this

If I just say I'm sorry

will it all be ok

or maybe just nothing

is there to fix

Why do I tremble

or cry or worry

about you when you dont even care

or maybe I'm wrong again

and misunderstood

the battle lines seemed so clear

Scarlet red is all I see

and visions cloud my eyes

I shake and pray like

a devotee of some God

that isnt even mine

Wanting it all seems

to be the problem

the root of the evil

the divine

but here it is staring at me

and I cant say I'm sorry

or take it back

even if it wasnt given

just know that its truth

and hope and light

all that I want for you

maybe I am selfish

or cant find the right

way, to say what I feel

anymore

who thought that words would fail me

yet here we are.

No comments: