Sunday, February 18, 2007

this thing of our making


From the first moment

in the dark of night

i saw in you something beautiful

and it called to me

as it does still

asking for my heart

to join it


and you kissed me

so hard and so surely

my heart pounding

loudly and strong in my head

so that i could not wait to see

you again

and again


you took me gently into the night

hours and hours we spent

wrapped like the clouds

around the moon

never sleeping

making me shine

for you


and i ran so far

into the night roads

over mountains

for you

only pennies

in my pocket


taking me straight

into your arms

where you gathered

my tired heart

and swept it once

again


all of this

each day preceding now

each moment that has passed


all are inside waiting

like pages ruffled and worn

from fingers that browse

them


it is clear that here

and now is where

i will stand for

our love

our dreams

every moment that lives in memories

all the dreams for days to come

and for you


like joan to the flames

never wavering in my

truth

i hear you


as i lay on your bed waiting

next to you when you drive

watching everything and marveling at it all

because it never stops, gives up gives in...


it is all just yours and mine

as it has been

as it will be


beautiful as you

No comments: