Tuesday, March 01, 2005

sorrys

Are you watching me now?

do i have your eyes

is there any way to fix

this disaster of a life

I thought it was so good

beautiful to live

but suddenly its dark here

and empty again

there arent enough sorrys

to wipe away the pains

to wash away the stains

of hurts that still remain

you are my temple, to worship

to sit and linger over

and it has fallen to ruin

did i not care for it

is it just time

why oh god why

am i sorry all the hours

and days and years

because i am not

they were good to me

and i am blessed

my temple may be a mess

but it still stands here

i found the spot

there is a box

full of sorrys

it laid upon the doorway

and when i opened it

i saw then

all my prayers were answered

but when i looked up to the sky

there wasnt any light

because it went away today

did i say two prayers one for me

and one for you

or was it just a lie

protection from the truth

now i stand alone, no temple

left for us

and wonder where its gone

and where you are

and how could i have known

that sorrys just dont

turn into prayers

and wishes dont turn into life

and dreams are never what they seem

Oh, my beautiful one,

dont mistrust me

i failed again, forgive me

i do not want sadness

or pain to cause you

to leave

you are the light

you are the sky

without you stars cannot shine

and all the rubble under my feet

just washes away with my tears

pouring out on the ground

leaving me to drown

in emptyness and sorrow

if it takes forever

i will be the one

to be sorry for what was done

but if thats not enough

just know that there is love

here then and forever

if you ever

come again.

No comments: