Saturday, March 26, 2005

give my regards to you

no goodbye, no thank you

no kindness, or a kiss

no more smile, no more laughter

nothing in regards to this

you dont even get my heart

or my mind in any way

dont trust in me or believe

the things I do or say

its all just a game

always the same

never remembering

the times that I came

to your rescue

again and again

you are just whatever you are

and I am me

so maybe this banging in my head

is as loud as I can be

dont give an inch or she'll take a mile

dont say I love you or give me a smile

just let me walk on

down my road one more time

and give my regards to your

self imposed shrine

I dont ask for much

or get in the way

but sometimes I do

have something to say

so far be it here this time

that I have left

to make you feel anything

but sad and bereft

just leave it alone

and dont come back home

to this place here with me

where you are truly known

No comments: